ENJOY THIS 9 MINUTE VIDEO FROM KEITH ST. JEAN
THRIVE – the courrse
STARTING IN JANUARY 16 2017 at Level Ground Church
Please call Keith St Jean to sign up. The class is filling up quickly.
Some excerpts from the Thrive Course that ran in the fall:
What is Secure Attachment?
– God created us to be in secure attachments with Him and each other. It is this reality that brings us joy.
– When our attachments are secure and healthy then life can be powered by joy. We are synchronized, we are working together and we are fulfilling our purpose and destiny. The two most basic desires of the human soul are being filled, we are beginning to discover the answers to the two root questions of existence; who am I and why am I here? The quest for identity and purpose begins to be realized.
Returning to Joy
– “Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God’s action in them find that God’s Spirit is in them – living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn’t pleased at being ignored.” Romans 8:5-8
– Our perception and reactions to pain are what guide our reactions to good and evil. We live with this kind of belief:
– If it hurts it is bad and therefore must not be God
– It is not painful it is good and therefore must be God
– If I am in relationship with God and there is pain then it can’t be God’s will, I must be wrong about this, God and/or others don’t care about me
– If I am in relationship with God and there is no pain then it must be God’s will, I must be right, God and others do care.
WHEN THIS HAPPENS THEN OUR LEVEL OF PAIN
EXCEEDS OUR LEVEL OF JOY
This program is a revolutionary solution-based approach for building joy, receiving inner healing, and developing life-giving relationships. Advancing beyond traditional treatment, current support group methods, and secular or spiritual approaches to recovery. THRIVE offers hope for those that have tried other approaches and still feel hurt, empty, alone, and ashamed of their struggles and behaviours. Restart your recovery for the first time! The 12 week course includes:
Week 1 – Train your Brain for Change!
Week 2 – The 2 Skills your Brain Can’t Live Without
Week 3 – Calming our Painful Emotions
Week 4 – Strategies that Keep you Stuck
Week 5 – Healthy Relationships
Week 6 – Painful Relationships
Week 7 – Toxic Relationships
Week 8 – Trauma, Hope and Recovery
Week 9 – Leaving Co-Dependency Behind
Week 10– Attachments That Kill: How Addictions Re-wire your Brain
Week 11 – Recovering our Lost Identity
Week 12 – The Blueprint for a New You!
This has been an awesome journey – understanding how the brain processes events, how it is organized, how to return to joy and how a secure attachment to someone can change our life.
I could go on forever here – the course is for anyone with a difficult childhood – someone who wants to reshape the neural pathways into finding love, joy and quiet in their lives. That could actually be all of us…take a step – call Keith and you will be happy you did!!!
Another new program at LifeBridge Ministries
in collaboration with and at Level Ground Church
Xplore is a series of topical sessions that seek to encourage ongoing growth and transformation in those participating. Each topic will be five weeks in length and will explore concepts like –
RESPONDING TO ANGER
SETTING HEALTHY BOUNDARIES
Our first five week session will be “Setting Healthy Boundaries”. Each of these topics will combine a biblical perspective with the best of today’s psychological and medical research.
Dessert and coffee will be included.
These sessions are open to anyone (male or female) who is seeking growth and transformation in their lives and participants can choose to attend one or all of the sessions. If you are interested please contact Keith St. Jean or Jane Cooper.
***OTHER COURSES THAT HAVE BEEN AND COULD BE OFFERED AGAIN
Please call for more information
ANGER MANAGEMENT – Learning How to Respond to Anger
INTEGRITY PURITY AND PASSION – A Biblical approach to Sexuality and Relationships
GOING DEEPER – Being the Beloved – Discovering our Identity as God’s Beloved Children
ASK – Ask/Seek/Knock – Support Group for Men
WALKING TOGETHER – The Art of Spiritual Mentoring in Recovery
GEORGE SCHMIDT CENTRE BREAKFAST
Our volunteers arrive at 8 am to help prepare – 9 am eat and 10 am wind-up.
Developing relationships with the residents at this second stage recovery home is a rewarding service.